The Galveston Independent School District Educational Foundation (GEF) is excited to announce the second annual “Out to Eat for Education” fundraising event on Wednesday, October 11, 2017. This date is significant as it coincides with the Ball High School homecoming parade. Community members can support GEF simply by going out to eat at a participating restaurant! Stay tuned for the list of our 2017 participants!
Sign Your Restaurant Up Today!
We invite you to join us by pledging to make a tax-deductible donation in the form of a percentage of food sales generated on the day of the event! By participating in this one-day event, GEF will promote your restaurant to the community at large, parents of nearly 7,000 GISD students, and 1,000 staff members. If you choose to join us, we commit to you to do the following:
- Print your restaurant’s name on invitations mailed to approximately 1,500 homes*
- List your restaurant on a flyer sent home with GISD students*
- Include your restaurant on any printed advertisements and posters promoting the event*
- Display your restaurant on GEF’s website
- Publish a minimum of one social media post highlighting your restaurant
- Aggressively promote the event through a variety of additional media outlets including email blasts, social media ads, and more!
Our goal is to make Out to Eat for Education a mutually beneficial partnership. We hope that by encouraging the community to dine out, our participating local restaurateurs will experience higher than normal sales. With your commitment, here is what we request:
- Complete and return your commitment form to email@example.com by July 28, 2017. Click here to download the commitment form.
- Commit to making a tax-deductible donation of a minimum of 10% of food sales generated on Wednesday, October 11, 2017. While we request at least 10%, your donation is up to you. We will be grateful for your support!
- Agree to display our poster promoting the event at your restaurant
- Agree to display tasteful marketing pieces (designed and produced by GEF) on the tables at your restaurant on the day of the event only
- Help us spread the word by sharing the event details with your customers by email, on your restaurant marquee, and on your social media
- Submit your tax-deductible donation to GEF by October 31, 2017
Your decision to be part of this event sends a powerful message to our community that your restaurant supports Galveston Independent School District teachers and students. Thank you for your consideration!
*If committed by July 28, 2017.