Set your coordinates to the Galveston ISD Educational Foundation’s (GEF) annual Seaside Spring Soiree Thursday, March 7, 2019! This year’s event will take place from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the 1880 Garten Verein in Galveston and will feature heavy hors d’oeuvres, libations, live entertainment, and more. The event will raise funds to support GEF and the Grants to Teachers and Schools program where financial assistance is provided to purchase learning materials and implement innovative programming in Galveston Independent School District (GISD) classrooms.
Live entertainment will set the tone for dancing and fun. A silent auction will present a robust shopping experience with something for every budget from lavish vacations, professional/college sports tickets, and assorted merchandise. The event will also highlight projects most recently funded by GEF and the educators implementing the projects.
GEF was formed in 2002 by business and community leaders to promote quality education by establishing, supporting, and enhancing programs not otherwise funded by GISD. The organization’s mission is to enrich the educational experience and prepare students for the future by providing financial assistance to GISD educators, schools, and students. A few of GEF’s accomplishments last school year include:
- Awarded 36 grants to educators
- Invested $47,291.18 toward innovative projects
- Invested $44,642.75 toward early literacy projects
- Invested $16,602.85 toward high school readiness projects
- Invested $41,719.66 toward college, career, and military readiness projects
- Granted GISD $25,000 to aid in the development of a mobile library to serve students PreK – 12th grade
- Projected to create more than 50,000 exceptional educational experiences for GISD students through grants awarded last year (over the useful lifetime of the materials purchased)
You can support GEF’s work to ensure GISD students receive the best possible education from pre-kindergarten through high school graduation by attending the event or donating. Individual tickets are available for a $100 contribution. Additionally, donors giving $500 or more will receive published recognition as a sponsor, and GEF commemorates contributions of $2,500 or more by giving a grant in the donor’s honor.