The Galveston ISD Educational Foundation enriches the educational experience and prepares students for the future by providing financial support to educators, schools and students.
The GISD Educational Foundation…
- Is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit, tax exempt philanthropic organization independent of the Galveston Independent School District (GISD) but complementing it through partnership;
- Shares a vision of enhancing education in GISD schools;
- Works to increase private support for public education;
- Benefits GISD students and staff by supporting activities that extend beyond what tax dollars afford;
- Encourages and recognizes creative approaches to education through grants and involvement; and
- Is governed by a volunteer board of directors made up of business and community leaders.
- Promote and enhance the quality and excellence of Galveston Independent School District schools
- Help students achieve their highest academic potential
- Recognize and celebrate student academic success
- Enhance teacher creativity and innovation by supporting unique growth opportunities, providing resources for creative teaching, and recognizing teacher accomplishments
- Inspire individuals, corporations, and community groups to participate with GEF in enriching education through philanthropy