The Galveston ISD Educational Foundation enriches the educational experience and prepares students for the future by providing financial support to educators, schools and students.
The GISD Educational Foundation:
- Is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit, tax exempt philanthropic organization independent of the Galveston Independent School District (GISD) but complementing it through partnership.
- Shares a vision of enhancing education in the GISD schools.
- Works to increase private support for public education.
- Benefits GISD students and staff by supporting activities not funded by tax dollars.
- Encourages and recognizes creative approaches to education through grants and involvement.
- Is governed by a volunteer board of directors made up of business and community leaders.
- Promote and enhance the quality and excellence of Galveston’s public schools.
- Help students achieve their highest academic potential.
- Recognize and celebrate student academic success.
- Enhance teacher creativity and innovation by supporting unique growth opportunities, providing resources for creative teaching and recognizing teacher accomplishments.
- Inspire individuals, corporations and community groups to participate with GEF in enriching education through philanthropy.